Proverbs 13:3 “He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.”
James 1:26 “If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are just fooling yourself and your religion is worthless.”
A DESTRUCTIVE Tongue...
- Speaks Idle or Careless Words
Gossip Test: Can you answer "YES" to all 5 of these? If not, YOU are gossiping
* Is it True?
* Is it Necessary?
* Is it Beneficial?
* Do I have Permission to Share it?
* Is my Motive Pure?
Proverbs 12:22 “Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight.”
- Swears and Curses
A PRODUCTIVE Tongue…
- Exercises Profitable Silence
Ecclesiastes 3:7 “...there is a time to keep silent.”
- Does Not Gossip
- Is Addicted to Witnessing
- Speaks the Truth in Love
- Does Not Grumble and Complain
I Corinthians 10:10
- Makes Positive Confessions
- Continually Praises the Lord
Psalm 34:1 “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”